World Oceans Day 2023 – Beachfluencer Competition
Did you know that plastic pollution is one of the main threats that affects our oceans? It is time to put the ocean first. We encourage you to be part of the solution!
How about becoming a Beachfluencer for a Day on World Oceans Day – Thursday, 08JUN23?
To join the competition – Follow the steps below*:
- Visit your favorite beach in Cyprus.
- Collect 10 plastic items from the beach.
- Take a photo of your family or yourself with the “treasure” you collected on the beach.
- Post it on your personal account on Facebook or Instagram (or both – double chance to win!) use the following hashtag #OceansDayTui23 and @ the area in Cyprus that you stay i.e., #OceansDayTui23 @ayianapa
- Be sure your post is Public!
The competition starts at 8:00 & lasts until 14:00 on Thursday, 08JUN23.
“Planet Ocean: tides are changing”, is the theme for World Oceans Day 2023 – the UN is joining forces with decision-makers, indigenous leaders, scientists, private sector executives, civil society, celebrities, and youth activist to put the ocean first.
That is why TUI Cyprus, the Cyprus Deputy Ministry of Tourism, and the Cyprus Sustainable Tourism Initiative (CSTI) in collaboration with the “Keep our Sand and Sea Plastic Free” Project are joining forces to organise this competition exclusively for TUI Guests in Cyprus. The aim of the competition is to raise awareness about plastic pollution and the vital role the oceans play in our lives.
*By taking part in the competition, you give your consent for the competition’s partners to use your photo (only the one that you use for the competition) for promotional purposes.